Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Good news... I was invited to write a series of articles about wood working with kids for the Fine Woodworking website. They will provide links to this blog and also to the Clear Spring School, so we will get to share what we are doing with a wider audience. I am very excited about the possibility that lots of people, both in and out of schools will renew our national interest in making beautiful things from wood. We are maybe over a month from these articles making their first appearance. I have writing to do and then the editors will do their work.

The editor from Fine Woodworking also gave me some interesting news. The first chapter of my new book Basic Box Making has been made available on the Fine Woodworking website. In the first few hours of it being available, the high demand for downloads overloaded the Fine Woodworking server, causing it to crash. 40,000 downloads. They didn't anticipate such a high demand. I hope that all were pleased with what they saw and chose to buy the book. The server is fixed now. If you would like a copy, follow this link.They plan to do something similar in the future with my new DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment