Thursday, March 22, 2007

I feel like I turned a corner. Getting the synopsis off to an agent was a load off my mind, and now I return to the blog 20 lbs. lighter. It is impossible to know at this point what will happen, but I know it is only a matter of time before the world re-awakens to the hands. You and I get to be part of that re-awakening. The first step is to simply start noticing things from a perspective that includes an understanding of the significance of our hands.

My friend in Buffalo, NY, Mario Nunez observed the following..."reading about the role of the hands reminded me of my neighbor Rose, who as far as Mary and I are concerned, could not say a word if you were to tie up her hands. And if you point that out to her, she gets all embarrassed and tongue-tied." One of the things I noticed is that as I've become more comfortable in moving my hands during speech, I have become more fluent, more confident and more expressive. Being raised a Protestant in the Midwest may have been a handicap in my communication skills. I'm working to overcome it.

The photo above is of a display cabinet I made for a collection incredible turned and carved wood objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment