Wednesday, November 14, 2007

As shown in the photos above, the 5th and 6th grade students finished their bookends this morning. While some finished the sawing, sanding and assembly, others applied the oil finish, and filled the time waiting their turn by carving pens. Each had the opportunity to do everything, so we will have pens to finish after we return from Thanksgiving break.

I keep getting wonderful feedback from my students, about how much fun they have in woodshop, and I believe you can see in the photos that they are growing both in the quality of their crafsmanship and also in the confidence expressed in their designs. In the meantime, I'm gathering the things I need for my weekend of classes in Little Rock and to make a delivery of boxes to the gallery there that represents my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment