Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Another great day at Marc Adams. In the photo below, one of my students is cutting slots in the corners of his irregularly shaped boxes for contrasting colored keys to fit. Great jig! I love having the opportunity to share what I have learned with others, and of course some things, or maybe most things are learned most throughly from our mistakes. For instance, one student's box wasn't pushed tightly together at the joints before the glue set. No amount of clamping pressure would move the parts into the right position. So I suggested the microwave in Susie's kitchen. After 35 seconds the student reapplied the clamps, the parts moved into perfect place, and the box will be great for the next 100 years or more. Did I say already that I had a great day?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:50 PM

    I didn't know about that trick with the microwave. It'll go into the back of my mind for the future.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete