Thursday, August 14, 2008

It has been exciting around here the past couple days, as we reached the decision for me to attend the Crafticulation Conference in Helsinki, September 24-26, 2008. I had my abstract of a paper selected for presentation, so I will be busy documenting the use of tool making as an educational activity at Clear Spring, and researching some necessary points for my presentation. Finland is overrun these days by foreign educators trying to learn the secret to their success in the education of their children. So no doubt, my trip will be an opportunity for me to learn a great deal. It will also be an opportunity for me to share an understanding of the wisdom of our hands... how we, each and all, are made more intelligent, more confident, and more capable when learning comes to us through the exploration and creativity of our own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment