Wednesday, October 12, 2011

left, right, whole person.

This morning and afternoon I will be working with the CSS first, second and third grade students to make abacuses. Simple ones appropriate to their age group, that will allow addition and subtraction, and be fun to make and engage the hands and fingers in counting. First we are making the colored beads, so that means drilling and painting. Next week we will made the frames and assemble them.

In my writing, I am thinking about how we are divided, left from right, considered to be left handed or right handed, and that it takes both to be whole. So this is an earlier post on the subject...gut level, left-right sense of inexplicable self

In my own work shop I received a large order for boxes, taking more than what I have in my inventory. I should be working in larger volumes, but I also love a sense of urgency in my friendly competition with the Chinese. This order will go out on Friday, and already in my woodshop, I am making replacements for the objects shipped and to fill the second part of the order and restore my inventory to its previous level.

Make, fix and create...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Nothing quite like a deadline to get us moving. Time for me to go look at my calendar and see what's coming up.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete