Friday, June 15, 2012

nearly off...

I am nearly ready for my trip to teach in Maine and in Boston, and have been attending to things that need to be done here before I leave. Today I finished outfeed tables for the SawStop saws in the Clear Spring School wood shop which you can see in the photos at left and below. These are made with two layers of Baltic birch plywood to form the top and then a simple plywood construction to support it on the back. The outfeed tables are also attached to the back of the saw. Grooves routed in the tops allow for the miter gauge and sled runners to pass through.

These are a simple solution that take up less space than the outfeed tables available from the manufacturer, and these allowed me to use scrap lumber and feel a bit greater satisfaction in the result. In the photos, you can also witness the school wood shop following its summer cleaning.

I will be leaving for the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Maine in the morning.


Make, fix and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment