Thursday, October 04, 2012

100 boxes

The photo shows what 100 boxes looks like standing on their sides after being finished with Danish oil. This is a third of the number due on my current box making commission. I am grateful to have help.

Tomorrow I begin shaping lift off lids and will continue sanding the second hundred boxes. I have been working with Matt Kenny at Fine Woodworking on an article about installing knife hinges for small cabinets using the double flipping story stick. He will be arriving on Wednesday evening so we can begin taking photos on Thursday morning. That means in the midst of my box making extravaganza, I will be taking time to clear the wood shop to get it ready for photos.

In the meantime, Clear Spring School students are on their fall camping trip. So this morning I prepared carving stock and delivered the whittling knives.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment