Friday, April 15, 2016

my attentions...

As we move closer to the end of the Clear Spring School year, I begin thinking of my summer classes and preparing for them. All three classes at Marc Adams School and my week long class at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts are full, so I may have to find some other means to help adult students learn. Any suggestions?

The other challenge is finding more time in my life. The "K' body guitar in the photo above is one I'm making to be sold in an auction to raise money for an artist friend who is ill. I had originally planned to have a student paint it, but  time is short and in order to get it completed in time, I decided to decorate it myself. Doing my own work on it, it could be finished today, as these things are so easy to make. I'll take photos of the finished guitar for use in the book I'm about to write, "A box maker's book of box guitars."

One of my students making an electric guitar decided that the hole in the back left to access the electronics should be left as a door so she can keep things inside, like picks and slides. Of course that could lead to a chapter on lids and doors.

Today I will be applying finish to boxes and a small cabinet, and continue a reorganization of tools in my shop.

Make, fix, create, and extend the love of learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment