Tuesday, October 25, 2016

first try...

My middle school students made a first attempt at making lids for their Shaker boxes, but I am encouraging them to try again for a better fit. I explained that the second effort often takes less time than the first, and offers better results. Why would that be? Practice.

The box shown in the photo above is one of my   demonstration boxes from the Marc Adams School of Woodworking.

 In addition to shipping boxes, working on my box guitar book, and teaching at Clear Spring School, I am getting ready to participate in an artist's studio tour, November 4-6. Click and print the invitation at a larger size. Come by and see me if you are going to be in the Eureka Springs area. It's a time I will be setting aside for guests.

Make, fix, create, and extend to others a chance of learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment