Thursday, June 01, 2017

this day.

Today I'll be at the new ESSA wood shop and continue to prepare the new space for classes and for the grand opening on Sunday. I have been putting so much time and thought into the new wood shop that I've let other things slide. And even after the opening day, there will be a lot to do to get the shop organized and ready for my own classes later in the summer.

So far I've relied heavily on a team of dedicated woodworking volunteers, and I am grateful for their help.

While I'm involved at ESSA, I'm also working on articles for Fine Woodworking and Woodcraft Magazines, going over edits for my box guitar book, and preparing for my own summer classes at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking, the Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking, and ESSA.

What I also need to do is make boxes, and as I awaken in the night, box designs are on my mind.

Assembling tools and figuring out where to put them and how to hook them up, is an exciting thing. The new ESSA wood shop is working out pretty much as planned. Yesterday was the first day to operate table saws and the planer in the new shop.

Make, fix, create, and increase the likelihood that others learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment